Introduction to the Policy
Manchester United Limited believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We recognise that:
• the welfare of the child(up to the age of 18 years) is paramount
• all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
• working in partnership with children, and their family is essential in promoting and embedding this policy.
The purpose of the policy:
• To provide protection for the children who receive Manchester United’s or it’s partner’s services.
• To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
This policy applies to all staff, including permanent, casual or volunteers regardless of their role that work on behalf of Manchester United Limited.
We will seek to safeguard children by:
• valuing them, listening to and respecting them
• adopting safeguarding guidelines and best practice through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
• recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
• sharing information about safeguarding and best practice
• sharing information about concerns with the appropriate agencies in a confidential manner
• providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
We are committed to reviewing our policy and best practice on a regular basis.
Ver 1 - 26/08/14