Manchester United Limited recognises and accepts its responsibility for the safety and well - being of those Vulnerable Adults who come within the care of the organisation and its staff. Systems have been put into place to prevent or minimise the risk of abuse occurring within the organisation.
We acknowledge that a Vulnerable Adult will be referred to in this document as a person aged 18 years and over:
• Who is unable to protect him or herself against significant harm or exploitation;
• Who is or may be in need of community care services by reason of mental or other disability, increasing frailty or illness, alcohol or drug dependency;
• Or; is or may be unable to take care of him or herself (includes alcohol or drug dependency)
We recognise that:
• Every person should have the right to live a life free from abuse.
• all vulnerable adult, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
• Working in partnership with vulnerable adults and their support network is essential in promoting and embedding this policy.
The purpose of the policy:
• To provide protection for vulnerable adults who receive Manchester United’s or it’s partner’s services.
• To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a vulnerable adult may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
We will seek to safeguard vulnerable adults by:
• valuing them, listening to and respecting them
• adopting safeguarding guidelines and best practice through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
• recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
• sharing information about safeguarding and best practice
• sharing information about concerns with the appropriate agencies in a confidential manner
• Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
We are committed to reviewing our policy and best practice on a regular basis.
Ver 1 - 26/08/14